This summer has been a whirlwind. I have had the privilege of stepping into Small Groups and Adult Ministry and take part in shaping the next steps of what discipleship looks like in our church.
Here are the top 5 Highlights for me from the summer:
- Meeting all of our small group leaders and hearing how Jesus is transforming lives, marriages, and families through people devoting themselves to Scripture, prayer, and fellowship.
- Being a part of looking at and dreaming about what we want discipleship to look like from cradle to grave. Our church is passionate about Scripture!
- Tyler, our new youth pastor, engage with our staff and the students of our church. He is incredibly passionate about our students following after Jesus.
- Cindy and Rhiannon (aka Team Awesome) taking on children’s ministry and taking into the next level. What they are planning for the fall is exciting!
- Dan Lukas. Enough said. (but to be clear) Seeing Dan share his heart for Scripture and prayer through preaching has been incredible. His heart is full with ideas that God wants to share with our Church.
I could go on and on about the incredible people in our church, from staff to volunteer. And I truly mean it. It sounds like a great thing to say, but truly is from my heart.
I look forward to sharing with you the things I’m excited about for this fall 2015!
-- Jonathan Haage