- Baptism Celebration this Weekend – Join us as we celebrate with all who are participating in baptism this weekend! Please pray for them as they take this step of obedience and as they grow in their spiritual walk.
- DailyLife emailed to you – DailyLife gives you the opportunity to meet with God through Scripture that corresponds with the weekend messages. We now have DailyLife available to be delivered electronically. To receive, please email Pam Hawley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Karen Backpack Drive – Our annual Backpack Drive to benefit Karen refugee families starts now! Many of the Karen families are new arrivals to the U.S. and are unable to purchase school supplies for their children. The Bryant Small Group will deliver filled backpacks to the Brittany apartments on August 9. Backpack supply lists will be available at the Impact Table starting next weekend. Help us reach our goal to fill 300 backpacks! Filled backpacks are due back by Sunday, August 2. For more information contact Pam Hawley, email@example.com.
- Discovery for Newcomers – Are you new to Five Oaks? You probably have questions about who we are and what we’re about. We have answers and we’d love to meet you! Sign up for Discovery on Sunday, August 16 from 11-1pm. A free lunch is included for you and your family. To sign up, contact Pam Hawley, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Journeymen Series Begins July 11 – Men…now is the time to jump in on the next series, a 6-week journey focusing on creating margin in our lives. Our culture encourages us to live as if we have no limits, so we fill up our schedules and empty our bank accounts. Without that margin, we have no room for error. Love, intimacy and friendship happen in the unstructured areas of margin. Join us as we explore God’s answer to our need for margin. Saturday mornings starting July 11. Miss a week? Jump in anytime. Doors open at 6:30 am; series starts at 7 am. Contact email@example.com for more info.
- VERT Missing Persons Activation Drill – The city of Woodbury’s Volunteer Emergency Response Team (VERT) will be conducting a Missing Persons activation drill on July 25, 9am – noon at a location to be determined. Five Oaks is partnering with the city to be a predesignated facility in the event the need arises during a disaster. Please contact Kevin Gjertsen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or if you would like to participate.
- Are You Handy with a Hammer? – Our middle school ministry has formed a partnership with The Dwelling Place, a home that provides safe housing for women and their children affected by domestic abuse. This partnership will teach our middle schoolers how to help with repairs and improvements. If you have skills in these areas, we could use your help either on occasion or ongoing. Please contact Casey Hayden at email@example.com for more info.
- Treehouse Needs YOU this Summer! – Each weekend during the school year, 54 volunteers minister to our kids! During the summer, these volunteers take a well-earned rest from ministry. With their break comes an opportunity for others to give kids’ ministry a try. Will you jump in and join us? We’d love your help once a month or as often as you are able. Please email Rhiannon Rutledge at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up or for more info.
- …and while your family is serving in Treehouse… – We need several individuals to fill slots this summer as Ushers or in White Glove (light housekeeping to make Five Oaks sparkle between services). Please email Carol Jorgensen at email@example.com for more info.
- France Team Update – On July 2, Five Oaks Church sent a team of eight to serve at Camp des Cimes, France. The team has prayed, trained and readied their hearts to be the hands and feet of Christ to the French youth. The team is freely and joyfully giving of their time, talent and treasure to demonstrate what Christian love and service looks like to children who may have never experienced it. The goal of CdC is to spread the Gospel and grow the church throughout France. The team will work hard for long hours. Please pray for them and send the team encouraging words through Outreach Director, Jerry Meras at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Global Leadership Summit at Five Oaks – We are excited to be a host site again for the annual Global Leadership Summit on Aug 6/7! We are all leaders in some area of our lives – and The Summit will help refine your leadership skills. For those who call Five Oaks their church home, the reduced rate is $119, instead of the regular rate of $209, and there are only a few spots left! Stop by the Summit table in the commons for more info on speakers and registration. You may register at: fiveoakschurch.org/summit2015. Questions? Contact Deb Johnson, 651-459-7485, email@example.com.
- June Giving – General Fund
Weekly Need: $33,462.00
June 6/7: $46,315.61
June 13/14: $23,322.88
June 20/21: $33,817.55
June 27/28: $25,832.71