- Youth Mission Trip to New Orleans -- Fourteen high schoolers and five leaders from Five Oaks loaded their vans for New Orleans on July 25. Once there, they plan to spend the next week helping poverty-level homeowners rebuild and repair their homes. Many of these homeowners are still struggling to reclaim normalcy since hurricane Katrina wiped out their homes 10 years ago. The team has several prayer walks planned in these neighborhoods. Please pray for their travel safety, health and hydration, and for the hearts of the homeowners they will be reaching. You may follow their New Orleans journey and adventures on Instagram: @fiveoaksstudents.
- VERT Missing Persons Activation Drill -- The city of Woodbury’s Volunteer Emergency Response Team (VERT) will be conducing a missing persons activation drill on July 25, 9 am - noon at Carver Lake. This will include a search and rescue exercise. Five Oaks is partnering with the city to be a predesignated facility in the event the need arises during a disaster. Please contact Kevin Gjertsen at email@example.com for more info or if you would like to participate.
- Karen Backpack Drive -- Many Karen refugee families are so new to the US that they are unable to purchase their kids’ school supplies. This year our goal is to fill 300 backpacks. See the enclosed supply lists for shopping; additional lists are available at the Impact Table. Filled backpacks are due back by Sunday, August 2. For more info, please contact Pam Hawley, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DailyLife Emailed to You -- DailyLife gives you the opportunity to meet with God through Scripture that corresponds with the weekend messages. DailyLife is now available electronically. To receive it electronically, please contact Pam Hawley, email@example.com.
- Are You Handy with a Hammer? -- Our middle school ministry has formed a partnership with The Dwelling Place, a home that provides safe housing for women and their children affected by domestic abuse. This partnership will teach our middle schoolers how to help with repairs and improvements. If you have skills in these areas, we could use your help either on occasion or ongoing. Please contact Casey Hayden at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Baby News! -- Congratulations to Jeff and Jenna Reck on the birth of their son, Jackson Jeffrey Reck, on July 1! Jackson weighed 9 lbs, 12 oz. Mom, Dad, Jackson, and big sister Jacey are all doing well.
- Woodbury Moving Volunteers Needed -- Moving assistance is needed on July 31 for two Woodbury residents with developmental disabilities. They are moving from their current home(s) to a shared apartment. If you can donate your time and/or a truck or trailer, please contact email@example.com.
- Christian Youth Basketball Camp August 3-6 -- Upward Sports at Trinity Lone Oak Lutheran School in Eagan is hosting a youth basketball camp (K-8th grade) that focuses both on the game fundamentals and on life skills and discovering Jesus in sports. Aug. 3-6; 8 am - 2 pm; registration $40. Register at http://registration.upward.org/UPW58395.
- Parenting Conference for Adoptive & Foster Families -- Empowered to Connect is a two-day conference for adoptive and foster parents, ministry leaders and professionals designed to help them better understand how to connect with children from hard places in order to help them heal. Sept. 18-19, 9 am - 5 pm; Grace Church, Eden Prairie. Offered through Focus on the Family. Register at www.atgrace.com/events/empowered-connect-conference.