- Last Call for Reduced GLS Registration Fee – After July 7, the price increases from $89 to $119. This event is a great opportunity to hone your leadership skills in all areas of your life.
- Worship as a Family this Weekend – During holiday weekends throughout the year, we offer Family Worship Weekend in which students grades K-5 remain in the service. Families are encouraged to worship together and participate in the stations together. Special message notes are available for children — ask an usher.
- New Journeymen Series Begins July 11 – Men…now is the time to jump in on the next series, a 6-week journey focusing on creating margin in our lives. Our culture encourages us to live as if we have no limits, so we fill up our schedules and empty our bank accounts. Without that margin, we have no room for error. Love, intimacy and friendship happen in the unstructured areas of margin. Join us as we explore God’s answer to our need for margin. Saturday mornings starting July 11. Doors open at 6:30 am; series starts at 7 am. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- VERT Missing Persons Activation Drill – The city of Woodbury’s Volunteer Emergency Response Team (VERT) will be conducting a Missing Persons activation drill on July 25, 9am - noon at a location to be determined. Five Oaks is partnering with the city to be a predesignated facility in the event the need arises during a disaster. Please contact Kevin Gjertsen at email@example.com for more info or if you would like to participate.
- Are You Handy with a Hammer? – Our middle school ministry has formed a partnership with The Dwelling Place, a home that provides safe housing for women and their children affected by domestic abuse. This partnership will teach our middle schoolers how to help with repairs and improvements. If you have skills in these areas, we could use your help either on occasion or ongoing. Please contact Casey Hayden at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- Treehouse Needs YOU this Summer! – Each weekend during the school year, 54 volunteers minister to our kids! During the summer, these volunteers take a well-earned rest from ministry. With their break comes an opportunity for others to give kids’ ministry a try. Will you jump in and join us? We’d love your help once a month or as often as you are able. Please email Rhiannon Rutledge at email@example.com to sign up or for more info.
- …and while your family is serving in Treehouse… – We need several individuals to fill slots this summer as Ushers or in White Glove (light housekeeping to make Five Oaks sparkle between services). Please email Carol Jorgensen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- France Team Update – On July 2, Five Oaks Church sent a team of eight to serve at Camp des Cimes, France. The team has prayed, trained and readied their hearts to be the hands and feet of Christ to the French youth. The team is freely and joyfully giving of their time, talent and treasure to demonstrate what Christian love and service looks like to children who may have never experienced it. The goal of CdC is to spread the Gospel and grow the church throughout France. The team will work hard for long hours. Please pray for them and send the team encouraging words through Outreach Director, Jerry Meras at email@example.com.
- Help Serve at GLS – If you would like to invest in the growth of other leaders, volunteer to serve for the Global Leadership Summit. Volunteers needed in these areas: usher, greeter, white glove, parking lot, set up, take down, welcome, food service and resources. Contact Cindy Yarrington, 651-459-7485, firstname.lastname@example.org. You must sign up and get a confirmation for this event.
- Welcome New Members –
Matthew & Tianna Brocker
Jason & Amy Felix