At Five Oaks we're on a mission to bring the story of God to your life. We know you want to be part of a better story, the story of God. So we have created a spiritual boot camp called the Story of God.
- Discover how the Bible fits together. The one story it tells. All the major stories and characters. Your role in God's story.
- Learn and begin applying a relational approach to spiritual growth. It's about loving God and people more deeply, or it's not spiritual growth.
- Connect with others on the same journey–your cohort partners and guides.
- Master the basics of biblical theology.
- An opportunity to ask tough questions and find real, honest answers.
- All of this and more in six weeks–15 to 20 minutes a day online and six one-hour cohort meetings.
Invest 15-20 minutes a day online, six weekly one-hour cohort meetings, and $25 for registration.
Sundays, 11 am:
- Starts March 5, 2017
- Room 102
Sundays, 9 am:
- Starts April 2, 2017
- Room 105
- Will not meet Easter Sunday (April 16, 2017)
Thursdays, 7 pm:
- Starts April 6, 2017
- Room 105
All sessions are 6 weeks long and will be held at Five Oaks Church (4416 Radio Drive, Woodbury, MN 55129).
WHAT IF I DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE BIBLE?
This study assumes you know almost nothing about the Bible.
I’VE BEEN STUDYING THE BIBLE ALL MY LIFE. WILL IT BE TOO BASIC FOR ME?
Seminary graduates and pastors, after experiencing something like this, often comment that this was a missing link in their Bible education. This is an exercise in biblical theology. If you have had a good dose of biblical theology and you know the redemptive storyline of the Bible from start to finish, it may be somewhat basic for you.
Why do you Charge for this course?
We've really wrestled with his question since this is a core element of our ministry. Here's the bottom line: In our experience, people are more likely (way more likely) not to show up if they don't have some skin in the game. If $25 is a hardship for you right now ($50 if you're signing up as a couple), email Pam Hawley (email@example.com) and ask for a complementary registration. No explanation needed.
What's a Cohort?
This refers to the people in your group who will be starting the study at the same time you do and gathering for an hour on Sunday mornings for further instruction and discussion. This is a group you'll get to know pretty well.
WHAT IF I MISS A FEW COHORT MEETINGS?
If you know you will likely miss more than two of the sessions because of other commitments, it would be better to wait for another time.
WHEN DOES THE COURSE START AND FINISH?
You need to complete the first six sessions before you attend your first cohort meeting. You will continue to have access to this course after you have completed it for as long as this course remains on the Teachable platform.
DO I HAVE TO BE A FIVE OAKS ATTENDER?
No. Feel free to invite a friend or two to join you.