- Village Schools of the Bible - This cover-to-cover survey course will be offered here at Five Oaks again this year. This is a great opportunity to take your understanding of the Bible from topical to life-changing!
- Discovery for Newcomers - Are you new to Five Oaks? You may have questions about who we are and what we’re about. We have answers and would love to meet you! Discovery class takes place this weekend on Sunday, August 16, 11-1 pm. A free lunch is included for you and your family. Hope to see you there!
- Journeymen Pancake Breakfast & Fall Kickoff - Men...join us as we kick off our fall session with fellowship, a hearty breakfast, and a message centered on Authentic Manhood. For more info or to sign up, contact Bill Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It’s Coming: First Place 4 Health Daytime Class - First Place 4 Health will meet on Mondays beginning September 14. Daytime class is 10 - 11:30 am and evening class is 7 - 8:30 pm. All prospective new members should attend the free orientation meeting Saturday, August 29, 9 - 10 am in room 102 to help determine if this is right for you. To register for the orientation meeting, email email@example.com or call coordinator Arla Frigstad at 612-594-6951.
- Hearts and Hammers // Event in September - Grab your tool belts and join us for a volunteer event sponsored by Five Oaks and Journeymen. During this one-day home transformation, we will do everything from painting to restoration to landscaping. Saturday, Sept. 19, starting at 7:45 am. For more info, email Scott Halverson at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also may register HERE online.
- Singles Serving // Ministry News - Singles Serving is a ministry for single and divorced adults ages 30 and up, who want to connect for Christian fellowship and service. We meet twice monthly and the fall/winter schedule is being formed. If you are interested in receiving info on this ministry, please email email@example.com.
- New Orleans By the Numbers - Student ministry welcomed home the New Orleans team on August 2. This team of 19 clocked 3,200 miles on each of 2 vans over 4 days…over 40 hours and 7 states traveled. In that week, 3 teams of Five Oaks teens and leaders worked at 3 worksites in the 9th ward: they finished siding, mudded and sanded many walls, painted cabinets, walls, and home exteriors, repaired gutters, pulled weeds, and cleaned up mouse mess. God further used them on neighborhood prayer walks and conversations with homeowners and neighbors. He blessed them with travel safety and good health: they each drank their own body weight in ounces of water to stay hydrated. Extra credit: Based on these numbers, how many gas station stops did they make?
- Children’s Ministry Fair - Big things are happening in our Children’s Ministry! Starting this fall, our kids will learn from a new curriculum for pre-K-4th grade called “How to Study the Bible for Kids” by Kay Arthur and Janna Arndt. Each weekend, we need 55 volunteers to make an extraordinary experience for kids! Please take this opportunity during weekend services to visit the tables in the Children’s wing hallway and the Commons to look at the curriculum and/or sign up to help teach. We’d love to see returning teachers, new teachers and information seekers. Find out how you can get involved! For more info, please contact Rhiannon Rutledge at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cindy Yarrington at email@example.com.
- Member Candidates -
- Women’s Group Focuses on Fellowship in Healing, Crisis Recovery - Moving Up - Moving On, a group for women ages 16+ dealing with abuse and crisis recovery, meets weekly on Thursdays, 6-8 pm, Aug. 6-Sept. 10at the Park Grove Library. Jump in anytime throughout series. Contact Rev. JoAnne Crosby to register, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 763-242-9181. Series sponsored by Light the Way Church.
- Parenting Conference for Adoptive & Foster Families - Empowered to Connect is a two-day conference for adoptive and foster parents, ministry leaders and professionals designed to help them better understand how to connect with children from hard places in order to help them heal. Sept. 18-19, 9 am - 5 pm; Grace Church, Eden Prairie. Offered through Focus on the Family. Register HERE online.